Monday, March 20, 2017

Taco Salad

Mommabird's Taco Salad


2 bags of shredded lettuce (or you can use head lettuce and shred it)
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained (or you can use fresh)
1 (8oz) bag of shredded cheddar cheese (or taco cheese)
1 bag of nacho doritos (red bag), or the generic equivalent
prepared taco meat


In your salad bowl mix the lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Crush the doritos. Take the warm taco meat and put it in the bowl with the salad and stir or toss until its all mixed. This will slightly wilt the lettuce which is how we like it. Stir in the crushed doritos and serve.


I have a big bowl with a lid and I usually just put everything in the bowl, snap the lid on, and shake the daylights out of it. Serve it immediately after you put the chips in or they will get soggy. If I am taking this to a potluck I will keep the crushed chips separate and mix them in right before serving. My husband likes this topped with Western Dressing. My son likes it topped with sour cream.

No comments: