Friday, April 16, 2010

Breakfast Cookies


Breakfast Cookies? I know...it should be oreos and milk, right? Nope, these are good for you and actually do taste pretty good! I got them from a lady who teaches nutrition classes thru the local extension office so they actually are fairly healthy and don't really have anymore sugar in them than most of those fancy breakfast cereals. When I think of bacon in a cookie it sounds kind of gross, but honestly these are really really good! Even my pickiest eaters love these.

Breakfast Cookies
Cream together:
1/2 c. butter or margarine
3/4 c. sugar
Beat in:
1 egg (any size)
Add:
1 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Mix well.
Stir in:
10 strips of cooked bacon, cooled and crumbled
2 c. corn flakes
1/2 c. raisins
Drop by rounded teaspoonful 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 deg. F. for 15-18 min. or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 min. before removing from cookie sheet to wire racks. Store in refridgerator. Makes 2 dozen.

Now, I admit that I don't like raisins so I make a few without raisins for me and then add the raisins to the batter and make the rest of it for the kids. Go on, give it a try...don't be scared, you might be pleasantly surprised!!!!

No comments: