Friday, April 16, 2010

Cabbage Rolls

Miss Laura's Cabbage Rolls


2 heads of cabbage, steamed and cooled (we do this in the microwave)
4 lbs. ground venison (beef works fine, so does pork)
3 cups cooked rice, cooled to room temp
3 eggs
3 beef bouillon cubes
1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes (or more if you like onion)
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1-2 tsp. italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
1/3-1/2 cup milk
1-2 jars of your favorite spaghettie sauce


I wisk the milk and eggs together with the seasonings (I crumble the beef cubes into powder first). I mix it all together with my hands good. Grease your baking dish with no-stick spray and preheat your oven to 350. Take a leaf of cabbage put a scoop of meat mixture on it and roll it up. Place it seam side down in baking dish. Do this until you have used all the meat & cabbage. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the cabbage rolls and bake for 45 min. to 1 hour (until the meat is done). I sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top of the sauce before I bake it but you don't have to do that.
I also only make enough cabbage rolls for hubby and 2 others in the family. The rest don't like the cabbage so I just use the rest of the meat to make meat balls or mini meatloaves and pour sauce over those and cook them at the same time as the cabbage rolls. They are really good.

No comments: