Friday, April 16, 2010

Throw together onion cheese bread

Onion Cheese Bread

.
I don't have a recipe with measurements but this is how I make it.


I take and dice an onion very fine and then I put it in a bowl with 2 tablespoon of butter or margarine and pop it in the microwave for a minute or two til the onion is soft and clear.

I pour some boxed baking mix (bisquick or jiffy baking mix), maybe a cup in a half or two cups in my mixing bowl  and I add the onion and butter

I toss in a handful of shredded cheese (colby or cheddar are faves here) and them I pour enough milk into it to make a thick batter

I pour it into a greased pan (I use my cast iron skillet) and put it in the oven on 350 deg. F. and bake til its done (til a fork in the middle comes out clean)

The kids love it hot straight from the oven. It also makes nice muffins. You can also use onion powder or minced onion in this...just toss it in with the cheese but make sure you don't forget to add the melted butter/margarine because you need that for it to make a good bread.

No comments: